Benefits of Joining the IAPP
The International Association of Press Photographers represents and develops the career interests of more than 10,000 journalists. Our members work in all areas of media, consequently reaching an audience of millions.
- We are a strong, non-union professional association serving full-time and part-time journalists.
- Membership is open to anyone who actively pursues journalistic work.
- Our independent news and press portal (UPA-NEWS) offers experienced journalists as well as newcomers and freelancers a chance to publish journalistic content on various subjects spanning news, reports, features, press releases, interviews, tradeshow and event announcements and recaps, sports stories, professional articles, photographs, etc.
- Our network of experts can quickly and efficiently answer your questions about the media industry.
- In cooperation with other industry organizations, political bodies, journalists and the general public, we promote the further development of our industry in a goal-oriented and practical manner.
- We actively fight for freedom of the press and support the organization "Reporters without Borders." We believe in the unrestricted right of freedom of speech and a free flow of information.
- Members can take advantage of our internal information and research section, which includes information on topics such as freedom of the press and media rights.
- An IAPP membership may save you money by qualifying you for special media discounts.
- As a member, you can make entries in our database for media producers and publish your own work samples for free.
- Our members receive a free press pass, which is recognized internationally, as well as a press vehicle ID. These journalism credentials are also available to non-members.
- IAPP is funded exclusively through membership fees and does not receive any government grants, ensuring our complete political and financial independence.
Benefits of IAPP membership